Cinnamon Orange Crescents
|Instant yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Melted margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, mix together water, milk and margarine.
3) Heat over low heat until the margarine melts well.
4) Stir in 1/2-cup sugar and salt in the saucepan.
5) Add egg, orange peel and a cup of flour.
6) Beat until the mixture is smooth
7) Stir in the yeast into 2 cups flour.
8) Add to the egg mixture.
9) Stir in rest of flour to make a soft dough and turn out onto floured board.
10) Knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
11) Cover and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in volume.
12) Punch dough down; turn out onto floured board.
13) Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.
14) Roll one piece of dough into an 8-inch circle.
15) Brush with melted margarine.
16) Combine 3/4-cup of sugar and cinnamon.
17) Sprinkle circle with about 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture.
18) Cut into 8 pie-shaped pieces.
19) Roll up tightly, beginning at wide end; seal points firmly.
20) Place on greased baking sheet.
21) Curve in form of crescent shape.
22) Repeat the same with the remaining pieces of dough.
23) Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled in volume.
24) Bake in 350°F temperature for about 12 minutes or until done.
25) Serve hot or cold.