Caramelized Pineapple With Cinnamon Cream
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram|
|Ripe pineapple||1 , peeled, cored and thickly sliced|
|Light brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||200 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2. In a large frying pan, heat the butter over a moderate heat till it melts.
3. Coat each slice of pineapple with the light brown sugar
4. Fry each pineapple slice in butter till it is lightly caramelized on both sides
5. In a roasting tin, lay the pineapple rings in a layer and drizzle with rum.
6. Bake for 10 minutes in a moderately hot oven until the rings are dark and sticky
7. Leave to cool slightly
8. Whip the cream with sugar and cinnamon until soft peaks form.
9. Place the pineapple slices on individual serving plates and drizzle the left over syrup on it
10. Drizzle the cinnamon cream on it or serve on the side.