Grilled Grapefruit With Cinnamon
|Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Slice the grapefruits in halves.
3) With a sharp-pointed spoon, scoop out the flesh and juice over a bowl, leaving the membranes dividing the segments. Take care not to crush the segments, so that pieces remain as large as possible.
4) Select the best 6 half-shells and discard the pith and membranes from the center.
5) In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon together.
6) Drain grapefruit segments and reserve the juice.
7) Toss the segments with cinnamon-sugar and divide evenly among 6 half-shells.
8) In a broiling pan or an ovenproof baking dish, arrange the half-shells.
9) Pour in reserved grapefruit juice to fill the dish up to the brim.
10) Dot butter on top of the juice.
11) Place this inside the broiler and broil in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until grapefruit are thoroughly hot and bubbling brown on top.
12) Serve the preparation hot or cold, by sprinkling with little more cinnamon powder, if desired.