|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated biscuits||1 Packet (10 Biscuits)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
3. On a plate, combine sugar and cinnamon and spread evenly.
4. Lightly dust a work surface with flour
5. Roll out each pastry biscuit into a 9-inch strip.
6. Bring together the two ends and seal
7. Repeat with the remaining pastry biscuits.
8. Dip each pastry circle in melted shortening and then coat by rolling in the sugar.
9. Twist to form a pattern 8 and place on the baking sheet.
10. Repeat with remaining pastry circles.
11. Sprinkle chopped nuts over biscuits.
12. Place baking sheet on the middle level of the oven.
13. Bake biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and cool to harden.
15. Arrange on a platter lined with doily.
16. Store biscuits in an air tight container in a cool dry place.