|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Make any time up to 1 week ahead:
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, cream butter with sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until smooth and blended. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
4. Shape chilled dough into balls, 1 heaping teaspoon to each. Roll each ball in combined nuts and cinnamon. Place on greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until done.
6. Cool on wire racks. Store in loosely-covered container. Makes 3 dozen.