2 Teaspoon, divided (1tspn for seasoning + 1 tspn for chutney)
8 Gram, divided (4 for the seasoning + 4 for the chutney)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm)
Green chili pepper
Dried red chilies
3 Small, divided (1 for the seasoning + 2 for the chutney)
Garam masala powder
1. In a pan, heat oil, fry green chili, red chili, chopped onions until light brown.
2. Add garam masala, sambar powder, salt, tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes continously.
3. Add 1/2 cup water, grated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add water and blend this mixture into a fine paste and keep aside.
5. In the pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chili and fry until brown.
6. Add this seasoning into the onion paste.
7. Serve the onion chutney with idli or dosa.