|Canned crushed pineapple||40 Ounce, drained, 1/2 cup juice reserved (2 cans, 20 ounce. each)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed or minced|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Keep glass jars for sterilizing.
2) Mash pineapple pieces in a casserole dish, along with the reserve.
3) Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed pineapple and cover the dish.
4) Microwave the pineapple mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes at high temperature till the contents thicken and the desired consistency is achieved (stir every 5 minutes)
5) Cool the chutney/relish and refrigerate it in airtight containers OR
5) Store the preserve in the sterilized jars.
6) The chutney/relish tastes delicious with most meat dishes.