Cranberry Chutney With Cider Vinegar
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Quart|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Take a large saucepan and combine together water, sugar, brown sugar and grated orange rind in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
3) Add vinegar, apples, salt, ground ginger, mace, curry powder and cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil again.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop, stirring continuously.
5) Serve the sauce with poultry or pork.