Plum Chutney Glaze
|Chopped red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and chopped|
|California orange||1 , peeled, sectioned and chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, cored and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plum jam||1 Pound (1 Jar)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large, heavy saucepan and combine green pepper, onion, tomato and orange in it.
2) Add lime juice and garlic. Blend the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) Add pumpkin pie spice and plum jam. Simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Pour in a glass bowl and let stand to cool completely.
6) Store the prepared glaze in a 4-cup screw to-glass jar or decanter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1442 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24.2 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g61.9%
Sugars 319.5 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 111% Vitamin C 368.9%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet