Plum Chutney Glaze
|Chopped red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and chopped|
|California orange||1 , peeled, sectioned and chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, cored and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plum jam||1 Pound (1 Jar)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large, heavy saucepan and combine green pepper, onion, tomato and orange in it.
2) Add lime juice and garlic. Blend the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) Add pumpkin pie spice and plum jam. Simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Pour in a glass bowl and let stand to cool completely.
6) Store the prepared glaze in a 4-cup screw to-glass jar or decanter.