Tomato Apple Chutney
|Ripe tomatoes||6 Pound, peeled and chopped (18 medium)|
|Apples||4 Pound, peeled and finely chopped|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Light brown sugar||2 Pound (5 1/3 cup, firmly packed)|
|Dark seedless raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (5% acid strength)|
|Ginger||4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
1. In a 12 quart kettle, put together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Over low heat, cook with frequent stirring for about 2 hours until mixture thickens and round up on a spoon.
3. Into 8 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Use Tomato Apple Chutney with a grilled meat dish.