Green Apple Chutney
|Green apples||6 Pound|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Quart|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Whole cloves||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole allspice||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ginger pieces||2|
|Cinnamon stick||2 (2.5")|
1) Core and slice the apples into quarters.
2) Peel the onions and finely chop them.
3) In a large canning kettle, combine the apples, onions, sugar, salt, vinegar and garlic together.
4) Tie the spices in a small cheesecloth bag and add into the kettle.
5) Simmer, uncovered over a low heat for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally until thick.
6) Remove and discard the spice cheesecloth bag.
7) Ladle the 7 pints chutney into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.
8) Use the Green Apple Chutney as required.