|Firm ripe peaches||5 Pound|
|Seeded raisins||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dates||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lime||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (optional)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Candied ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (optional)|
1) Pare and slice the peaches into small pieces.
2) Cut the lemon into quarter, remove seeds and slice very thinly.
3) In a large canning kettle, combine the a peaches, raisins, dates, lemon, vinegar and lime juice together.
4) Stir and cook over a low heat, until the peaches are soft and pulpy.
5) Stir in the sugar and cook until the mixture is thickened.
6) Then stir in the candied ginger and chopped nuts.
7) Ladle the 7 half pints chutney into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.
8) Use the Peach Chutney as required.
Stir in 1 teaspoon powdered ginger along with the candied ginger for a wonderful flavor.