|Apples/8 cups, chopped, peeled||10 Medium|
|Seedless raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs) (light)|
|Oranges||2 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (5% acid strength)|
|Cloves||1⁄3 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped for optional|
1. In a 4 quart kettle, put together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes until apples are translucent and tender; stir frequently.
3. Into 7 hot half-pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Serve Apple Chutney with pork or ham.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6439 Calories from Fat 823
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.3%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 73.8 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1445 g481.6%
Dietary Fiber 68.6 g274.2%
Sugars 1299.6 g
Protein 29 g58.1%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 366.9%
Calcium 53% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet