Peach Lime Chutney
|5% cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , quartered, seeded and diced|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dates||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Candied ginger/Ginger - 2 teaspoon, ground||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, dip peaches for 30 seconds until the skin is loose.
2. Transfer tomatoes to cold water for cooling.
3. Remove skin from peaches and deseed.
4. In a 5 quart kettle, put together peaches, vinegar, lime juice, lemon, raisins, dates and nuts; cook over low heat with frequent stirring until peaches are soft and translucent.
5. Add sugar and cook for about 1 ½ hour until sauce thickens.
6. Stir in ginger.
7. Into 5 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Serve Peach/Lime Chutney as relish.