Tomato And Apple Chutney
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (green or red)|
|Cooking apples||1⁄2 Pound|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Using a knife, cut up tomatoes. If using red toamtoes, skin them first in boiling water.
2. Skin the apples and onions and slice them in quarters. Wash raisins, keep aside.
3. In a blender, mince all fruits and transfer the mince into a preserving pan.
4. Put in brown sugar, salt and vinegar.
5. Slightly crush and bruise spices. Keep the spices in a muslin cloth and tie it up. Add to the other ingredients.
6. Allow the ingredients to come to a boil; lowe heat and simmer until the correct consistency is reached.
7. Transfer the contents into a bottle and cover. Label with variety, and date when made.
8. Use as when needed as an accompaniment to other dishes.