Tomato And Apple Chutney
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (green or red)|
|Cooking apples||1⁄2 Pound|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Using a knife, cut up tomatoes. If using red toamtoes, skin them first in boiling water.
2. Skin the apples and onions and slice them in quarters. Wash raisins, keep aside.
3. In a blender, mince all fruits and transfer the mince into a preserving pan.
4. Put in brown sugar, salt and vinegar.
5. Slightly crush and bruise spices. Keep the spices in a muslin cloth and tie it up. Add to the other ingredients.
6. Allow the ingredients to come to a boil; lowe heat and simmer until the correct consistency is reached.
7. Transfer the contents into a bottle and cover. Label with variety, and date when made.
8. Use as when needed as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2019 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3973.8 mg165.6%
Total Carbohydrates 502 g167.2%
Dietary Fiber 29.7 g118.7%
Sugars 421.6 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 165.1% Vitamin C 390.6%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet