Carrot And Orange Chutney
|Carrots||12 Ounce, peeled and trimmed (350 Gram)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, peeled (225 Gram)|
|Cooking apples||8 Ounce, peeled and cored (225 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Orange||4 , grated rind and juiced|
|Vinegar||3 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
1. Grate the carrots and chop the onions. Grate the cooking apples.
2. Place the prepared ingredients together in a large saucepan with the sugar, raisins, cloves and grated rind and juice of the oranges. Pour on the vinegar.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for a further 40 minutes, until fairly thick.
4. Meanwhile, sterilise and have ready warmed jars. Pot the chutney, leave for a few minutes, then cover tightly and label.
5. Serve with cold meats, poultry or cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1709 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 284.9 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 374 g124.8%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.6%
Sugars 311.7 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 1167.8% Vitamin C 558.8%
Calcium 56.8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet