Green Tomato Chutney
|Green tomatoes||3 Pound (1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Red peppers||2 Medium|
|Onions||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Apples||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Sultanas||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Mustard seed||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ginger root||1 Medium, peeled and finely chopped|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Malt vinegar||600 Milliliter|
1. Wash and slice the tomatoes, place in a large pan.
2. Wash and remove the seeds from the peppers; chop the flesh.
3. Peel and chop the onions and apples; add to the pan with the remaining ingredients.
4. Simmer very slowly for 2-3 hours until the mixture is thick but still a little runny, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour into clean warm jars, seal and label.