Banana And Mango Chutney
|Mangoes||3 Pound (3 Fruit, Each Weighing About 1 Pound)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||5 Large, sliced|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger/1 tablespoon ground ginger||3 Tablespoon|
1) Pare the mangoes.
2) Remove the flesh all around the pit and then cut into pieces.
3) Into a large saucepan, put the mangoes and then add the onion, garlic, raisins, bananas and ginger.
4) Mix the sugar and the salt into the vinegar until dissolved.
5) Add in the Tabasco, beginning with 1 teaspoon and mix thoroughly.
6) Ladle the mixture over the fruit and mix well.
7) Allow the mixture and reduce the heat to a simmer.
8) Then cook without lid mixing all the while , for about 2 hours, or until the consistency is thick and the mixture is cooked completely.
9) Allow to cool to room temperature and spoon into sterilized jars, or store in the refrigerator.
10) The chutney will stay for 2 months or more in the refrigerator.
11) Serve as required with snacks or other dishes.