Sweet Peach Chutney
|Firm ripe peaches||10 Pound|
|Medium dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large saucepan of water ,heat water to boil and take away from heat.
2) Add in 8-12 peaches, allow to remain for a minute, then take out 1 peach and pare off the skin and keep it aside.
3) Continue the same process with the other peaches in the water.
4) Further soak the rest of the peaches, a few at a time, in the hot water, heating it if needed,removing the peel and keeping them aside.
divide each peach into 2 halves,remove the stone and then chop the flesh.
5) In a large saucepan or preserving pan,mix together the peaches, cinnamon, sherry, cardamom pods, sugar, raisins, lemon juice, and almond extract.
6) Allow the mixture to a boil, mixing many a times.
7) Lower the heat and reduce to a simmer and cook over moderate-low heat for 2 hours, mixing at frequent intervals till the consistency of the mixture becomes very thick.
8) Lower the heat, if needed to avoid burning.
9) Allow the chutney to cool considerable.
I10) nto a clean, dry glass or ceramic jars, transfer the chutney and cover with nonmetallic, airtight lids.
11) Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
12) Serve when you wish with dishes or snacks of your choice.