Spiced Eggplant With Mango Chutney
|Eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound (Medium Size)|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Light vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango chutney||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1) Wash eggplant thoroughly and pat dry. Cut the ends and chop eggplant crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
2) If using radishes, wash and keep aside. Leave the roots and leaves intact.
3) Take a clean large bowl and put slices eggplants in it. Drizzle cayenne, black pepper, and cumin on the slices and toss well to coat.
4) Take two heavy duty skillets and place them on high heat.
5) Take about 2 tablespoons of flour and drizzle it on the eggplant slices. Toss to coat evenly.
6) Now, put 1/4 cup of oil into each skillet. Place the eggplant slices in a single layer in both the skillets and allow the slices to fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Add more oil if necessary.
7) Place the eggplant slices in four dinner plates and spoon some chutney over them. Serve hot, garnished with radishes, if desired.