Tomato Hot Chutney
|Ripe tomatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Chilly powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Aniseed powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sodium benzoate||1 Pinch|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut the tomatoes into medium-size pieces.
2. Clean the tamarind, boil in a little water, extract thick pulp, and set aside.
3. Heat the oil, add the seasonings and when done, add the tomatoes and fry on low heat until nearly done.
4. Add the tamarind extract, all the masala powders along with salt, and simmer on low heat until the oil surfaces.
5. Remove from fire, add the vinegar and Sodium Benzoate, and mix. Cool and bottle.