Curry Leaf Tamarind Chutney
|Curry leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), picked|
|Tamarind ball||1 Small|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the leaves thoroughly, and leave in a colander for the water to drain.
2. Take out the extract of tamarind - approximately 1-1 1/2 cups.
3. Grind to a paste the fried ingredients along with the curry leaves and salt.
4. Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and dal. When done, add the ground paste, tamarind extract and some more water if too thick.
5. Allow the chutney to boil on slow heat for 20-30 minutes or until a thick chutney consistency is reached. Remove, cool and bottle.