Green Tomato Apple Chutney
|Green tomatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|For spice bag|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cinnamon piece||1⁄2 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
1. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes, apples and onions.
2. Put the onions into a thick-bottomed pan with some vinegar and simmer until the onions have turned soft.
3. To the pan add the tomatoes, apple, spice bag, and the rest of the vinegar. Simmer gently stirring constantly so that it does not burn.
4. When the tomatoes and apple are done add salt and sugar, and cook further until a chutney consistency is reached.
5. Remove the spice bag, and press on its side to get all the flavour. Discard the bag.
6. While still hot, pour the chutney into hot sterilised jars, cover and seal.