Tomato Sweet Chutney
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut the tomatoes into fours. Pick and clean the raisins.
2. In a thick-bottomed vessel, put in the tomato pieces, minced ginger, and garlic, along with the sugar, vinegar and salt. Set to boil on low heat.
3. When half done add the raisins, and cook further until a chutney consistency is reached.
4. Add the garam masala powder, and mix well. Simmer for another minute or two.
5. Remove from fire, and cool thoroughly before bottling.