Classic Deviled Chuck Broil
|Bone in chuck steak||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Wine vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked pepper/Coarsely ground||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White bread crumbs/4 slices||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Remove excess fat from the steak. Score any remaining fat edge from every inch. Keep aside a few pieces of fat.
2) Place the steak in a shallow dish.
3) In a bowl, add vinegar, oil, onion, mustard and pepper. Mix well and pour the marinade over the steaks.
4) Let the steaks marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. Turn them over once during marination time.
5) Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel after they have marinated.
6) Take the reserved fat pieces and rub them on the broiler rack. Place the steak on the rack. Broil for 5 minutes on each side. Make sure the steaks are placed 4 inches from the heat.
7) Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the butter or margarine and mix in the bread crumbs.
8) Once broiled, take the steaks out and top them with the buttered bread crumbs.
9) Broil for 2 more minutes or until the crumbs turn light brown.
10) Transfer the steaks onto a serving platter.
11) Slice the steaks and serve in individual plates.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 415.9 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet