New England Style Fish Chowder
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||6 Small, cubed (or 6 small)|
|Chicken or fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Bottle (1 l) (if using all chicken stock or water)|
|Clams with juice||1 Can (10 oz), chopped (high quality)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fish||1 1⁄2 Pound, chunked (Boneless, skinless firm)|
|Shrimp||8 Large (cleaned with tail on)|
|Sea scallops||4 Large, cut into half (muscles removed)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For garnishing - paprika, pepper, and a pat of butter)|
1) In a pan sauté onions in butter till it turn translucent.
2) Add potatoes in single layer on top of onions.
3) Pour chicken stock. Boil until potatoes are slightly cooked.
4) Add fish in layers put firmest on the bottom. Put clams and simmer for some time.
5) Pour evaporated milk.
6) Serve in a bowl garnish with, paprika, pepper and butter.