1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon, set aside and leave 1 tablespoon of drippings.
2. Brown chicken, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Sauté red bell peppers, sweet onions and garlic until tender. Stir in the flour.
4. Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
5. Stir in the chicken, corn, whipped cream and add bay leaves.
6. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove and discard bay leaves and stir in bacon. Sprinkle in peppers, seasoning to taste.
8. Ladle out the chowder in a serving bowl and serve!