1) In a medium saucepan, sauté bacon a bit and then add carrot, onion and celery.
2) Add butter and allow it to melt, then add white pepper, salt, seasoning, shallots, garlic and thyme. Let them sweat for few minutes.
3) Add flour and mix it well.
4) Stir in clam juice and flavoring along with heavy cream.
5) Keep stirring the mixture as it thickens.
6) Stir in powdered milk and add a mixture of red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and hot sauce into the mixture.
7) Add potatoes and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
8) Serve the New England Clam Chowder hot.