Perfect autumn weather food! Watch Chef Lisa demonstrate this easy to make and delicious chowder at the Newark Natural Foods Farmers Market in Newark, DE.
2 1⁄2 Tablespoon
3 Medium, dice (cut into 1/2 inch, reserve the greens)
2 Large, peeled, cut into very small pieces (wash in cold water)
Yukon gold potatoes
2 Pound, dice (into 1/2" dice)
5 Cup (80 tbs)
2 Teaspoon, divided
Fresh thyme sprigs
Freshly ground black pepper
For the garnish
2 Teaspoon, chopped
3 Ounce, grated
1. In a Dutch oven melt butter and sauté the turnip until brown, season with salt.
2. Add the leeks and stir until leeks are softens, season with salt.
3. Add the potatoes; pour water, add thyme sprigs, kosher salt and dried sherry.
4. Cover and bring it to a boil, and then remove the lid and continue to simmer.
5. In a bowl combine place the chopped greens from the turnips.
6. Pull out the thyme from the soup and using a masher mash everything coarsely.
7. Add the turnip greens mixture and stir everything together.
8. Season with ground pepper and adjust the salt to taste.
9. Turn off the heat and pour the sherry vinegar and fresh thyme.
10. When serving put some grated Emmental cheese on top.
11. Serve the Potato, Turnip and Leek Chowder hot.