For easy soup recipes that really hit the spot, try making this Country-style Corn Chowder. Combined with the potatoes and other veggies, this makes a hearty and comforting dish to dig into.
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
4 Large, chopped
1 Medium, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 , chopped
1. In a large saucepan on medium low heat sweat onion, celery, carrots, sage, potatoes, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper with butter until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add flour and let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 cups of corn and parsley.
4. Bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
5. Blend all the soup with stick blender until smooth.
6. Add the rest of the corn and peas.
7. Let it cook until the corn and peas are cooked, it will take about 4 to 5 minutes and then the soup is done.
Soup lovers, you should not miss this Corn and Peas Chowder recipe. It is one of a kind of soup that is creamy and has a crunch from the corn and peas. It comes along quickly and the herbs boost its flavor. Watch the video to learn this recipe.