|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), ground|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Maize||1 , cut in pieces (cob)|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh shrimps||1 Pound, cleaned|
|White fish slice||4 , fried|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Egg||4 , poached (optional)|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomato.
2) Pour in the water, corn, peas, potatoes and rice and boil for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
3) Take the pan away from heat and stir in the shrimps, oregano, salt and pepper.
4) Cook the potato mixture over low heat until the shrimps are tender.
5) When ready to serve, mix in the milk and fried fish, stir and cook to 5 minutes.
6) Spoon the soup into soup bowls.
7) Dredge the potato mixture with parsley.
8) Place the poached egg over each bowl, if desired and serve hot.