|Streaky bacon rashers||4 , unsmoked, rinded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes|
|Cod fillets/Fresh haddock fillets||500 Gram, cut into 2.3 cm cubes|
|Fish stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1/2 cube||600 Milliliter|
|Powdered mace||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Prawns||50 Gram, shelled|
|Mussels||75 Gram, cooked|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped (to garnish)|
1) In a cooker, heat the bacon and saute lightly in its own fat.
2) Stir in the onion and potato, saute until lightly coloured.
3) Using a perforated ladle, remove the bacon mixture from the cooker and drain well.
4) In the same cooker, melt little fat if needed and saute fish until lightly coloured.
5) Gently pour off the fat, and add in the stock or water and stock cube, bay leaf, mace, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture.
6) Make sure that the cooker is not more than half full.
7) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
8) Put the lid on the cooker, heat to high pressure and cook for 3 minutes.
9) Lower the pressure quickly.
10) In a cup, mix together flour with milk to make a smooth paste.
11) Stir the milk mixture into the soup and heat to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
12) Take the cooker off the heat and stir in the prawns and mussels.
13) Place the cooker back on the stove and heat to boil stirring continuously.
14) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
15) Serve hot garnished with chives.