Pork Sausage And Corn Chowder
|Ground pork sausage||1⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly|
|Cream style corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Whole kernel corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) In a 3-quart casserole, add in the sausage and onions. Mix and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Stir once halfway through the cooking time. Make sure the meat is no longer pink.
2) In a bowl add flour into 1 cup of milk. Mix to get a smooth paste.
3) Add the paste into the sausage mix along with parsley and salt.
4) Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 5 1/2 minutes or till the mixture starts to bubble. Stir about 4 times in between.
5) Pour in the remaining milk, keeping aside a little hot milk to mix with the egg.
6) Transfer the mixture back into the casserole. Mix in the cream style corn and whole kernel corn. Microwave on HIGH for about 12 minutes or till the chowder has thickened to the right consistency.
7) Stir the chowder once in between.
8) Serve the Corn Chowder in individual bowls, garnished with a sprinkling of paprika.