Corn Chowder With Pork Sausage
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Cream style corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whole kernel corn||17 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
1. In a 3-quart casserole add sausage, onion, and green pepper.
2. Micro wave at HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes stirring once until sausage browns.
3. Stir in 1 cup milk and flour.
4. Add it to the sausage mixture.
5. Add parsley, onion salt, and pepper.
6. Microwave at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes stirring once until thick.
7. Add remaining 3 cups milk.
8. Stir in small amount of milk mixture to egg.
9. Add remaining milk mixture and stir.
10. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
11. Microwave at HIGH for 7 to 9 minutes stirring after 4 minutes.
12. Serve hot.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.8 mg33.9%
Sodium 1059.8 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet