Corn Chowder With Bacon And Potatoes
|Bacon slices||2 , diced|
|Onions||4 Small, chopped|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned corn kernels||16 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled and sliced|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Milk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
|Bacon||2 Ounce, fried crisply and crumbled|
1) In a saucepan, saute the bacon until lightly brown and crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
2) Stir in the onion and potatoes into the pan drippings.
3) Season with salt and pepper and pour in the boiling water.
4) Cover and simmer until the vegetables are almost tender.
5) Then stir in the corn and tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes.
6) In a bowl, blend the flour with a little milk, then stir in rest of the milk, soda and butter.
7) Stir into the soup over a medium heat, simmer for 5 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil and slightly thickened.
8) Place a little chopped parsley and fried bacon in a soup plate then ladle over the chowder.
9) Serve the Corn Chowder with toast sippets or snippets of pimento.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.3 mg9.1%
Sodium 1049 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 91.6%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet