Quick Vegetable Chowder
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beef stock cubes||2|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skinned and chopped|
1) In a large saucepan, saute the lettuce, celery, onion and carrots in butter for about 8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
2) Pour in the boiling water, crumbled stock cubes and chopped tomato.
3) Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, then add the rice and simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Season lightly with salt and paprika to taste before serving.
5) Ladle the Quick Vegetable Chowder in soup bowls and serve hot.
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 433.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 136.7% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet