Quick Vegetable Chowder
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beef stock cubes||2|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skinned and chopped|
1) In a large saucepan, saute the lettuce, celery, onion and carrots in butter for about 8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
2) Pour in the boiling water, crumbled stock cubes and chopped tomato.
3) Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, then add the rice and simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Season lightly with salt and paprika to taste before serving.
5) Ladle the Quick Vegetable Chowder in soup bowls and serve hot.