|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and diced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn cut from cob||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Take a medium skillet and fry pork in it until crisp.
2) Add onions and cook until golden brown in color.
3) Add water and potatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
4) Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes or until tender.
5) Stir in milk, pepper and salt. Keeping heat on low, heat the chowder slowly until it turns piping hot.
6) Pour hot chowder in 8 serving bowls and serve immediately!
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24 mg8%
Sodium 763 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet