Microwave Manhattan Clam Chowder
|Uncooked bacon slice||3 , diced|
|Diced celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Diced onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, diced|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clams||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|Clam juice||8 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, diced|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen clams in shell||8|
1. In a microwave oven, place glass bowl and add diced bacon and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for 3 minutes until cooked.
2. Stir in butter, and cook on HIGH (9) for about a minute until butter dissolves.
3. Stir in onion, celery, potatoes and cook on HIGH (9) for about 4 minutes, until vegetables turn soft. The bowl should be covered and vegetables should be stirred atleast once during the cooking time.
4. Add tomato juice, clams, clam juice, light cream, tomatoes, and Dill weed, and cook on a setting ROAST (7) for 20 minutes until flavors get mixed.
5. Stir the mixture thrice during cooking.
6. Add frozen clams to the mixture towards last 5 minutes of cooking and discard the clams which have not opened during cooking.
7. Serve the Manhattan clam chowder with clam cakes.