|Salt pork||1⁄8 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Diced potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole corn kernels||12 Ounce (1 can)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄8|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oysters and juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Over medium-high heat, place a medium skillet and sautÃ© the salt pork till it is brown and crisp.
2) Take out the bits and drain on a paper towel. Refrigerate.
3) To a slow cooker, add the potatoes, onion, water and corn along with the salt, pepper and paprika.
4) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
5) When it is time to serve, turn the cooker to high and add the green pepper.
6) Gently simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, till the peppers are soft.
7) Add the milk and thoroughly warm it.
8) In individual serving bowls, place the pork bits and ladle the soup over them. Serve as an appetizer while still piping hot. Toasted bread can be served on the side if preferred.