Bouillabaisse Fish Chowder
|Red snapper fillets||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Diced peeled tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Olive oil flavored cooking spray||1|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄5 Teaspoon|
1) Season the fish and keep aside.
2) Use cooling spray on a heavy skillet and drizzle with oil.
3) Layer in half the onion, celery, and garlic.
4) Layer in half the sliced tomatoes and fish.
5) Repeat the layers and then cover with a lid.
6) Place the pot on gentle heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours without mixing.
7) In intervals of 10-15 minutes, lift and rotate the pot to prevent scorching.
8) Garnish with chopped celery and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1435 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.6 mg139.9%
Sodium 1857.9 mg77.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 239 g477.7%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 144.6%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet