Mariner's Garden Chowder
|Canned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vegetable juice cocktail||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Fresh basil/Dried basil- 1 teaspoon, crushed||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Fresh thyme/Dried thyme- 1 teaspoon, crushed||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Canned minced clams||19 1⁄2 Ounce (3 Cans Of 6 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Quick cooking rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley/Dried parsley- 1 teaspoon, crushed||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) In a 4-quart cooker, mix together broth, vegetable juice, tomatoes, carrot, celery, basil, thyme and seasoning.
2) Put the lid on and simmer on setting for 9 1/2 to 11 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or till vegetables are tender.
3) Mix in the clams with the liquid and rice.
4) Put the lid on and cook for 10 minutes more.
5) Add parsley in the vegetable mixture.
6) Serve the soup hot garnished with cheese.