Fish Chowder With Tomato
|Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish head||1 Large|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and cubed|
|For soup ingredients|
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and cut into wedges|
|Chopped stuffed olives||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a slow cooker, place together fish head, bay leaf, onion, garlic, potatoes and seasoning.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 5 to 6 hours until potatoes are tender.
3) Using a perforated ladle take out the fish head and garlic.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the fish fillet until light browned.
5) Place the fish in the slow cooker along with tomatoes, olives, capers, and lemon juice.
6) Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
7) Serve the soup hot in soup bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and freshly sliced bread on side if desired.
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg25.1%
Sodium 692.1 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet