Hot Scallop Chowder
|Scallops||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed cream of potato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Teaspoon, snipped|
1. Thaw scallops.
2. Rinse scallops and coarsely chop.
3. In a large pot of boiling water, place scallops and return to boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute; drain.
5. In a blender, mix together soups and milk; blend until mixture is smooth.
6. Into a saucepan, pour the soup-milk mixture and add in cream and chives.
7. Heat with occasional stirring until the mixture is heated through.
8. Add boiled scallops and cook until heated through.
9. Ladle Hot Scallop Chowder into soup bowls.
10. Garnish with snipped chives.
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg27.2%
Sodium 1036.8 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.96%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet