Elegant Corn Chowder
Potato - 1 cup, diced or thinly sliced
Onion - 1 no, medium, sliced
Cream-Style Corn - 1 pound
Salt - to taste
White Pepper - to taste, freshly ground
Boiling Water - 3 cups
Evaporated Milk - 1 can, scalded
Egg Yolks - 2 nos, large, lightly beaten
Unsalted Butter - 1 tablespoon
Fresh Parsley Archives (optional) - chopped
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the bacon slices till they become crisp.
2) Add in the sliced onions and potato. Saute slightly without browning.
3) Next, add in the corn, salt and pepper.
4) Pour in boiling water. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
5) Add in the milk. Cook till the mixture heats up well.
6) Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of hot soup into a bowl of lightly beaten egg yolks. Do this right before serving time.
7) Add the mixture into the chowder.
8) Add in the butter and stir well.
9) Serve the Elegant Corn Chowder garnished with parsley or chives.