Mixed Fish Chowder
|Coley fillet||1 Pound|
|Smoked haddock fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Bacon rashers||3 , rinds removed and chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely sliced|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned sweet corn||7 Ounce, drained|
|Mustard powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a non-stick pan, place the fish, cover with water.
2) Simmer and poach the fish gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
3) Drain the fish and reserving 1 ¼ cups of poaching liquid.
4) Remove the skin and flake the fish.
5) In a fresh pan, saute bacon and onion for 5 minutes or until lightly coloured.
6) Lightly fold in the fish, onion, potatoes, mushrooms, sweet corn, milk, mustard, pepper and the reserved liquid.
7) Put the lid on and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup in a plastic container.
9) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
10) Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
11) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve as mentioned in step 10.