|Onions/2 medium sized ones||1 Large, chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Canned clams||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (whole or minced)|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Smoked salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (to thicken)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. In a pan cook onions, celery and potatoes in very little water until just tender (5 to 10 minutes boiling).
2. With scissors snip bacon in small pieces and fry not crisp.
3. Drain off fat, add to vegetables, add milk and bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.
4. Add clams and nectar and snip whole clams if any with scissors.
5. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes and optionally add smoked salt for flavour.
6. Thicken with flour mixed with cold milk.
7. Serve with meats or pasta or as desired.