Quick Fish Chowder
|Hash brown potatoes||16 Ounce, frozen, fried (4 Cups)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Condensed cream of shrimp soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound, frozen, thawed and diced|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1. In a saucepan, cook bacon till crisp, drain and crumble; reserve the drippings in pan and set aside for later use.
2. In the same saucepan, add frozen hash brown potatoes, water, and chopped onion to bacon drippings and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the cream of shrimp soup, the diced fish; cook for about 15 minutes longer or till fish is done.
5. Stir in milk, snipped parsley, salt, and thyme; heat through but do not boil.
6. To serve, sprinkle each serving with some of the crumbled bacon and a little paprika.
7. Top with a dollop of butter or margarine, if desired.
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.3 mg33.1%
Sodium 1248.2 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet