Speedy Clam Chowder
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Condensed cream of potato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned clams||7 1⁄2 Ounce, minced (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Garnishing)|
1.1. In a saucepan, combine beans and the water; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer for about 2 minutes; remove from heat; cover and let it stand for 1 hour but do not drain.
2. Setting aside the bacon, in the same saucepan, cook onion in the reserved drippings until tender and translucent.
3. Stir in potato soup, un-drained clams, and milk; simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
4. Add in the bacon before serving but do not stir.
5. Arrange the soup individually in shallow serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.93 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.8 mg15.3%
Sodium 679 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 21.6%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 83.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet