Smoky Beef Chowder
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped for 1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Smoked beef||3 Ounce, thinly sliced, snipped (1 package)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|American cheese||3 Ounce, shredded (3/4 cup)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook onion and chopped celery for 2 minutes or till onion is tender and translucent.
2. Stir in flour, salt, basil, smoked beef and all the milk at once; cook and stir till mixture is thick and bubbly.
3. Stir in the shredded cheese till well melted.
4. Stir in parsley and heat through but do not boil.
5. Arrange the Smoky Beef Chowder into individual soup bowl.
6. Garnish with snipped parsley and serve hot.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.2 mg22.1%
Sodium 215.2 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet