Smoky Beef Chowder
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped for 1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Smoked beef||3 Ounce, thinly sliced, snipped (1 package)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|American cheese||3 Ounce, shredded (3/4 cup)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook onion and chopped celery for 2 minutes or till onion is tender and translucent.
2. Stir in flour, salt, basil, smoked beef and all the milk at once; cook and stir till mixture is thick and bubbly.
3. Stir in the shredded cheese till well melted.
4. Stir in parsley and heat through but do not boil.
5. Arrange the Smoky Beef Chowder into individual soup bowl.
6. Garnish with snipped parsley and serve hot.