|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cucumbers||2 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, halved length wise, seeded, cut up (5 medium ones)|
|Chicken/Turkey||12 Ounce, cubed, cooked|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat butter or margarine and sautÃ© the onion in butter or margarine till tender and translucent but not brown.
2. Blend in the flour, seasoned salt, white pepper and chicken broth and stir to cook well till thick and bubbly.
3. Add cucumber and cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour half the mixture at a time into a blender; cover and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds and return to the saucepan.
5. Stir in chicken or turkey, uncooked rice, lemon juice, and bay leaves and bring it to boil.
6. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or till rice is tender.
7. Remove bay leaves and stir in cream and parsley; heat through.
8. Season with salt and pepper for taste.
9. In a large serving plate, arrange the rice.
10. Garnish with snipped parsley and serve hot.